This is an exciting way to eat cauliflower! Tex-Mex is by far one of my favorite cuisines and this recipe does not disappoint. I like to serve it with Chicken or Beef fajitas, warm Tortillas, and fresh Pico de Gallo.
- 3 cups Cauliflower (approx. 1 medium head)
- 1-15 oz can of Black Beans
- Juice of 2-3 limes (2-4 teaspoons)
- Dried Cilantro (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Chili powder (to taste)
- Cumin (to taste)
- Paprika (to taste)
- Dried Oregano (to taste)
- Onion Powder (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Olive Oil (for cooking)
- Fresh Cilantro (to serve)
- First wash and cut the cauliflower.
- Setup the food processor with the shredding blade.
- Shred the cauliflower to get your raw cauliflower “rice.”
- In a large skillet or sauté pan and put some olive oil on the bottom and turn the stove to medium heat.
- Put your cauliflower rice into the skillet (if the skillet is not large enough, you can divide the ingredients into multiple batches).
- Constantly stir the cauliflower until slightly soft, then add in the can of black beans.
- Next add in the spices and lime juice to your mixture and cook until desired doneness.
- Take off heat and serve with a little more lime juice, fresh cilantro. Serve on the side with spicy Pico de Gallo and fajitas to make the perfect Mexican dish!
Notes: I recommend using a whole head of cauliflower. Also I like to add a little chili powder and pepper in the batch, then add in hot sauce and more spices to my personal plate. (I’m the only one in my family who likes crazy spicy food!)